Interested in buying a piece of Texas property in Austin County or Washington County? This part of Texas is so special to the Bill Johnson & Associates Real Estate Team, and we can’t wait to share this wonderful area with you. Our agents know Austin County and Washington County inside and out, not just the available properties, but also the communities, upcoming events, and ways to get involved. Learn a little more about our community below. If you have any questions, or would like to learn more about our huge inventory of properties in Washington County, Austin County, and all throughout Texas, please contact us.
Upcoming Area Events
Things To Do
- BELLVILLE’S VERY OWN CASTLE – We are home to an actual Castle! NEWMAN’S CASTLE, a wonderfully crafted castle, complete with drawbridge, offers tours and is a also great place for parties! Tours are available Monday through Saturday, by appointment. Special and Group Tours require one week advance notice. For information contact Mike Newman, owner of Newman’s Bakery on E Main St, at 979-865-9804 or visit www.newmanscastle.com.
- AUSTIN COUNTY JAIL MUSEUM TOURS – Each Saturday, 11 am-3 pm (or by appointment). Tour the 1896 jail with its hanging gallows and formidable cells. Changing exhibits highlight Austin County history. Please call 713-385-7141 for more information. (No charge).
- TOURS OF HISTORIC BELLVILLE – Contact the Bellville Historical Society at 281-352-3136 for tours of some of Bellville’s historic buildings. A docent will accompany your group and provide a narration of the sights. Make plans to stay for lunch and/or dinner, as Bellville is the home of many fine restaurants with a wide variety of foods. The Bellville Historical Society website is www.bellvillehistoricalsociety.com.
- BELLVILLE’S BLACKSMITH SHOP – We are also home to a working Blacksmith Shop that provides tours and demonstrations. Tours are available Tuesday through Saturday, 10 am-6 pm. Special and Group Tours require one week advance notice. For information contact “Cowboy” Szymanski 713-724-6813 or www.phenixknives.com.
- HISTORIC HOMES DRIVING TOUR, HISTORIC MARKER TOUR, AND WALKING TOUR OF THE HISTORIC COURTHOUSE SQUARE – Contact the Bellville Historical Society at 281-352-3136 for information on the DRIVING TOUR of Bellville’s Historic Homes. Brochures for Historic Homes and the Downtown Square are available from the Chamber of Commerce at 742 W. Main, Bellville, TX 77418.
2017 Bellville Chamber of Commerce Banquet
held at Emery’s Buffalo Creek Winery.
Becky and Ian Bader, Brooke and Matt White, Vicki and Bruce Morlock,
Lori and Steven Jackson.
New Ulm Art Festival – Bill Johnson and Associates Real Estate booth.
Bev McKenty and Lucy Little help the children with a painting craft.
Congratulations and Job Well Done to all the participants in the Austin County Fair!
Bill Johnson and Associates recently hosted a table
at the Bellville Chamber of Commerce Banquet.
John McKenty volunteers his time at Austin County Meals on Wheels.
Rick Carrell spends a Saturday at the Bellville Community Wide Clean-Up.
Rock The Square – May 14, 2016
MS-150 Bike Ride
The BP MS 150 is a two-day fundraising bike ride organized by the National MS Society. The ride is the largest event of its kind in North America with 13,000 cyclists, 3,500 volunteers and countless spectators along the route and at the finish line in Austin. The 2015 BP MS 150 had a record breaking year raising $20.3 million dollars, bringing hope to many who are living with multiple sclerosis.
Bill Johnson and Associates volunteered their time as 13,000 participants come through Bellville for lunch and a rest stop at the Austin County Fair Grounds.
Vicki and Kim at the MS150
Lunch Stop in Bellville.
Kim, Cliff and Vicki gearing up
to serve lunch at the Austin County Fair Grounds.
Mark Aurich does the water bottle
Hand Off as bikers pass by.